1833 - 1855 (22 years)
||Sarah McLemore [1, 2] |
||9 Feb 1833
||Lauderdale County, Mississippi [1, 2]
||3 Mar 1855 
- Said to have been the first recorded white birth in Lauderdale County, Mississippi. Mark Freeman shows that she married William ALLEN on 27 Jan 1854 in Lauderdale County, Mississippi.
||Strong Family Tree
||17 Aug 2014 |
||Richard McLemore, b. 21 Sep 1798, South Carolina , d. 11 Aug 1881, Meridian, Lauderdale County, Mississippi (Age 82 years) |
||Nancy Perry Hill, b. 20 Mar 1802, North Carolina , d. 30 Sep 1858, Marion, Lauderdale County, Mississippi (Age 56 years) |
||9 Aug 1821
||Covington County, Mississippi [1, 3]
- Marriage certificate not viewed.
Rueben McLemore prepared a two page typescript (undated) titled "McLemore History." He writes that "Richard McLemore was born in Virginia, Sept. 21, 1798. He married Nancy Perry Hill, also of Virginia, and in 1831 he moved into what is now Lauderdale County. Here he bought several thousand acres--the entire region of Meridian and Marionpppand built his home...To McLemore and Nany Hill were born two sons, Joshua and Caleb; and seven daughters, Mary, Nancy, Martha, Lavina, Sarah, Charity and Juriah. Sarah McLemore, the sixth child, was born in 1833. Her birth is the first recorded white birth in Lauderdale county. After the death of Nancy Hill McLemore in 1858, Mr. McLemore married Catherine E. Carter, and after her death, Isabella Ann Roberson. He died Aug. 11, 1881....The old family Bible, from which most of the information in this article was taken, is being kept at the home of Meridian businessman, T. J. McLemore, a great-grandson of Richard McLemore. There are, of course, no children of this Meridian pioneer living today, however, two grandchildren still make their homes in Lauderdale county. They are Mrs. Silas THOMPSON and Mrs. Sally McNEALEY, both of Bonita. "
||Group Sheet, Family chart
|Born - 9 Feb 1833 - Lauderdale County, Mississippi
- [S321] Freeman, Mark (firstname.lastname@example.org) "Mostly Southern" http://wc.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?db=markfreeman ; Ver. 2008-09-19 17:51:13.
- [S144] 1850 United States Federal Census [Ancestry.com database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: The Generations Network, Inc., 2005, (Original data: United States of America, Bureau of the Census. Seventh Census of the United States, 1850. Washington, D.C.: National Archives and Records Administration, 1850. M432, 1,009 rolls. This database is an index to individuals enumerated in the 1850 United States Federal Census, the Seventh Census of the United States. Census takers recorded many details including each person's name, age as of the census day, sex, color; birthplace, occupation of males over age fifteen, and more. No relationships were shown between members of a household. Additionally, the names of those listed on the population schedule are linked to actual images of the 1850 Federal Census.), Mississippi, Lauderdale County, Southern District Enumerated 17 Oct 1850 315-324 (Reliability: 3).
- [S511] Makerney, April (email@example.com) "Ancestors of April (Wharton) Makerney and Connected Families" Ver. 2009-07-12 ; http://wc.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?db=amakerney.