1927 - 2010 (82 years)
||Clovis Lavern Hogan [1, 2, 3, 4] |
||9 Apr 1927
||Hemphill, Sabine County, Texas [2, 3, 4]
||12 Mar 2010
||Hemphill, Sabine County, Texas [3, 4]
||Hemphill City Cemetery, Hemphill, Sabine County, Texas 
- SABINE COUNTY REPORTER 11 September 1996 page 4 "Back In Time--1991 Five Years Ago"
Working for the MDA telethon were Robert Holcomb, Clovis McLemore, Helen Clemmer, Margie Evanoff, Erma Robert and Jo Stetzel. Patsy Clark was the Sabine County coordinator.
Obituary from www.toledochronicle.com
Also published in the March 17, 2010 issue of The Sabine County Reporter, p. 16 and the San Augustine Tribune, April 1, 2010, p. 11
Clovis Lavern McLemore
April 9, 1927 - March 12, 2010
Clovis Lavern McLemore, 82, died Friday evening in the Hemphill Care Center after an illness. Clovis was born in Hemphill to Henry and Naomi Hogan and had lived in Hemphill most of her life. Clovis attended the Rosevine Church of God and was a member of the Hemphill VFW Ladies Auxillary.
Mrs. McLemore is survived by her husband Rufus McLemore of Hemphill, her daughter Charlotte Peters and husband Gene of Cypress, TX, her son Maxie McLemore and wife Mary Anne of Victoria, TX, eight grand children, seventeen great grandchildren, and one great great grandchild. She is also survived by her brother Wilson Hogan of Fort Worth, four sisters, Christine Bass of Diboll, Merline Elrod, Dorothy Chaney, and Patsy Vrooman all of Hemphill.
Visitation will be Sunday, Mar. 14, 2010, from 5:00 pm until 9:00 pm in the Starr Funeral Home, 510 Starr St. Hemphill. Funeral services will be at 2:00 pm, Monday, Mar. 15, 2010, in the Starr Funeral Home Chapel with burial following in the Hemphill Cemetery.
Texas, Sabine County, JP 1
Enumerated April 30, 1930
ED 202-8 SD 19 Sheet 11B
County Highway East of Hemphill
Hogan, Henry A. Hd M W 36 M 26 Tx Ns Ga Farm
Hogan, Neoma Wf F W 27 M 17 Tx Ga Ga
Hogan, Chrystine Dtr F W 6 S Tx Tx Tx
Hogan, Merline Dtr F W 5 S Tx Tx Tx
Hogan, Clovis Dtr F W 2 4/12 S Tx Tx Tx
Hogan, Hery W Son M W 1 6/12 S Tx Tx Tx
Hogan, Julia Mother F W 72 Wd 17 Tx Tx Tx
||Strong Family Tree
||17 Aug 2014 |
||Rufus Maxie McLemore, b. 11 Aug 1923, Hemphill, Sabine County, Texas , d. 15 Sep 2010, Houston, Harris County, Texas (Age 87 years) |
||25 May 1946
||9 Dec 2006 |
||Group Sheet, Family chart
- [S674] Tisdale, Evon McLemore-Family Member, Correspondence and Interviews.
- [S564] 1930 United States Federal Census [Ancestry.com. database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: The Generations Network, Inc., 2002., (Original data: United States of America, Bureau of the Census. Fifteenth Census of the United States, 1930. Washington, D.C.: National Archives and Records Administration, 1930. T626, 2,667 rolls. Containing records for approximately 123 million Americans, the 1930 United States Federal Census is the largest census released to date and is the most recent census available for public access. The census gives us a glimpse into the lives of Americans in 1930, and contains information about a household’s family members and occupants including: birthplaces, occupations, immigration, citizenship, and military service. The names of those listed in the census are linked to actual images of the 1930 Census.), 1930 Census Texas, Sabine County, JP 1 Enumerated April 30, 1930 ED 202-8 SD 19 Sheet 11B County Highway East of Hemphill 172-176 (Reliability: 3).
- [S728] ToledoChronicle.com, (Website http://www.toledochronicle.com/
The source for Real News and Information in the Toledo Bend Lake Area
Serving Hemphill, Texas/Sabine County/San Augustine, Texas).
- [S336] The Sabine County Reporter, P.O. Box 700, Hemphill, Texas (Published Weekly), (Founded in 1883, The Sabine County Reporter (USPS 474-660) is published once a week on Wednesday. The Reporter is Published by Sabine County Reporter, Inc. Postmaster: Send change of address to P.O. Box 700, Hemphill, Texas 75948-0700. The Sabine County Reporter and The Rambler merged March 1, 1988. Member National Newspaper Association and Texas Press Association.), March 17, 2010 (Reliability: 3).