1878 - 1972 (93 years)
||Margaret "Maggie" McCloud [1, 2, 3, 4] |
||23 Oct 1878
||Michigan [1, 2, 3, 4]
||Flint, Genesee County, Michigan 
- The Michigan Marriage index shows her as a daughter of Wm. McCloud and Sadie Murma. Instead shown on a WorldConnect tree, with no sources cited, as Maragaret Olive Lafferty.
Cass City Chronicle
Thursday, September 19, 1963
Cass City Area Personal News
Mrs. Ben Schwegler had as a guest last week her aunt, Mrs. Robert Mark of Flint, who also visited other relatives here. She left Monday to return home.
||Strong Family Tree
||17 Aug 2014 |
||Robert Lewis Mark, b. 10 Oct 1870, Ontario, Ontario, Canada , d. Aft 1954 (Age 84 years) |
||3 Oct 1895
||Elkland Township, Tuscola County, Michigan 
- Name Robert L. Mark
Age (Expanded) 23 years
Birth Year 1872 (sic)
Spouse's Name Maggie Mccloud
Spouse's Race (Original):
Spouse's Age (Expanded) 18 years
Spouse's Birth Year 1877
Spouse's Birthplace Michigan
Event Date 03 Oct 1895
Event Place Elkland, Tuscola, Michigan
Father's Name Walter Mark
Mother's Name Elizabeth Mclean
Spouse's Father's Name Wm Mccloud
Spouse's Mother's Name Sadie Murma
Previous Wife's Name:
Spouse's Marital Status:
Spouse's Previous Husband's Name:
GS Film number 2342502
Digital Folder Number 4207882
Image Number 60
Reference ID v 4 p 313 rn 193
Citing this Record:
"Michigan, Marriages, 1868-1925," index and images, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/NQ34-5CJ : accessed 29 Jul 2013), Robert L. Mark and Maggie Mccloud, 03 Oct 1895.
However, "Joy's Family" tree on RootsWeb's WorldConnect project instead shows her as Margaret Olive Lafferty. Perhaps she had been previously married? It is not indicated, however, on the marriage license transcription above that she had been. Perhaps Lafferty is just an error, unless the data on the marriage license is incorrect. Robert and Maggie were also shown on "Joy's Family" tree to be the parents of Gladys Evelyn Mark (with a DOB of 11 Mar 1896); and it was further shown that their daughter Gladys married Robert Albert Headley Bryce of Ontario on 1 Jan 1919. However, the 1900 Tuscola County census does not show a daughter Gladys in their home. It also shows that Margaret had given birth to zero children, and had zero living children. Unless daughter Gladys's date of birth is incorrect, or unless she was adopted after 1900, this does not appear to be accurate.
||Mark, Robert and Maggie |
The couple in their golden years
||2 Mar 2014 |
||Group Sheet, Family chart
||Picnic at Cass City Park|
front row, seated, Esther Hunter, Molly Mark Buehrly, Aunt Maggie Mark, Ed Mark
Alma Mark Seeger is barely visible behind and to the right of Ed Mark
The lady seated in the back and those standing to the back are unknown
PLEASE EMAIL IF YOU HAVE MORE INFO ABOUT THIS PHOTO
- [S333] Ancestry.com - U.S., Social Security Death Index, 1935-Current [database online], (Ancestry.com. Social Security Death Index [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations Inc, 2011.
Original data: Social Security Administration. Social Security Death Index, Master File. Social Security Administration.
The Social Security Administration Death Master File contains information on millions of deceased individuals with United States social security numbers whose deaths were reported to the Social Security Administration. Birth years for the individuals listed range from 1875 to last year. Information in these records includes name, birth date, death date, and last known residence.).
- [S564] 1930 United States Federal Census [Ancestry.com. database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: The Generations Network, Inc., 2002., (Original data: United States of America, Bureau of the Census. Fifteenth Census of the United States, 1930. Washington, D.C.: National Archives and Records Administration, 1930. T626, 2,667 rolls. Containing records for approximately 123 million Americans, the 1930 United States Federal Census is the largest census released to date and is the most recent census available for public access. The census gives us a glimpse into the lives of Americans in 1930, and contains information about a household’s family members and occupants including: birthplaces, occupations, immigration, citizenship, and military service. The names of those listed in the census are linked to actual images of the 1930 Census.), Michigan, Genesee County, Clayton Twp Enumerated April 18, 1930 ED 25-4 SD 10 Sheet 7B 157-160 (Reliability: 3).
- [S783] FamilySearch.org, Michigan, Marriages, 1868-1925.
- [S384] 1900 United States Federal Census [Ancestry.com database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: The Generations Network, Inc., 2004, (Original data: United States of America, Bureau of the Census. Twelfth Census of the United States, 1900. Washington, D.C.: National Archives and Records Administration, 1900. T623, 1854 rolls. This database is an index to individuals enumerated in the 1900 United States Federal Census, the Twelfth Census of the United States. Census takers recorded many details including each person's name, address, relationship to the head of household, color or race, sex, month and year of birth, age at last birthday, marital status, number of years married, the total number of children born of the mother, the number of those children living, birthplace, birthplace of father and mother, if the individual was foreign born, the year of immigration and the number of years in the United States, the citizenship status of foreign-born individuals over age twenty-one, occupation, and more. Additionally, the names of those listed on the population schedule are linked to actual images of the 1900 Federal Census.), Michigan, Tuscola County, Elkland Twp Enumerated 2 and 4 Jun 1900 SD 8 ED 110 Sheet 2A Stamped 106 26-26 (Reliability: 3).