1845 - 1889 (44 years)
||Amazia Vardeman "A. V." White [1, 2, 3, 4, 5] |
||A. V. |
||19 Jan 1845
||Mississippi [3, 4, 5, 6]
||22 Mar 1889
||Sabine County, Texas [3, 4]
||Spring Hill Cemetery, Hemphill, Sabine County, Texas [3, 4]
- Enrolled in the District 6 School in Sabine County in 1854.
Civil War Veteren. Company F, 11th Texas Regiment, CSA.
Texas, Sabine County, Justice Prect No. 1
Page 23 SD 1 ED 84 Stamped 219
5 and 6 July 1880
202-211 Henry and Laura Carlton
203-212 Wm and Nancy Strickland
White, Vardeman W M 36 Farmer (La-Crossed thru) Miss Ala Ala
Whie, Atna W F 32 Wf Ala Tenn Va
White, Thomas J W M 6 Son Tx Tx Tx
White, Attalia W F 4 Dtr Tx Tx Tx
White, Martha W F 3 Dt Tx Tx Tx
White, Nora A W F (sic) 4/12 Jan Dau (sic) Tx Tx Tx
||Strong Family Tree
||17 Aug 2014 |
||Henry Strickland White, Sr, b. Abt 1812, Georgia , d. 10 Feb 1886, Sabine County, Texas (Age ~ 74 years) |
||Ann Vardeman, b. Abt 1824, Mississippi , d. 1855 (Age ~ 31 years) |
||Mississippi [7, 8]
||Group Sheet, Family chart
||Ary Adney "Addy" Davidson, b. 17 Aug 1847, Alabama , d. 24 Nov 1910, Sabine County, Texas (Age 63 years) |
||Y  |
| ||1. William J. White, b. Abt 1869, d. Yes, date unknown|
| ||2. Thomas Jefferson White, b. 20 Jul 1873, Texas , d. Yes, date unknown|
| ||3. Harriet Adelia "Delia" White, b. 19 Dec 1874, Pine Hill, Pineland, Sabine County, Texas , d. 6 Mar 1955, Pineland, Sabine County, Texas (Age 80 years)|
| ||4. Martha A. "Mattie" White, b. 15 Nov 1876, Texas , d. 18 Oct 1928, Sabine County, Texas (Age 51 years)|
| ||5. Mary White, b. Abt 1877, Texas , d. Bef 1880, Texas (Age ~ 2 years)|
| ||6. Nary Austin White, b. 15 Jan 1880, Sabine County, Texas , d. 27 Apr 1937, Bronson, Sabine County, Texas (Age 57 years)|
| ||7. John Madison White, b. 15 Nov 1880, Sabine County, Texas , d. 28 Dec 1964, Buna, Jasper County, Texas (Age 84 years)|
| ||8. Robert Warren White, b. Oct 1884, Sabine County, Texas , d. 22 Aug 1962, Pineland, Sabine County, Texas (Age ~ 77 years)|
| ||9. Benjamin Harrison "Harry" White, b. 19 Nov 1888, Texas , d. 25 Mar 1963 (Age 74 years)|
||Carrico, William David "Dee" and Mary Charlotte (Gary)
or possibly A.V. White and Ary Adney (Davidson)|
This is a portrait, possibly painted from photos, belonging to Bertis Carrico and said to be of his ancestors, Dee and Mary Carrico. It is striking similiar, however, to two separate photos, said by others to be of Amazia Vardeman White and his wife, Ary Adney Davidson. Both couples lived in Sabine County, Texas. The White's had one son who married a daughter of the Carrico's. PLEASE HELP US VERIFY THE IMAGES OF ALL FOUR INDIVIDUALS.
||9 Dec 2006 |
||Group Sheet, Family chart
||Carrico, William David (Possibly) OR
White, Amazia Vardeman "A.V." (Possibly) |
WHO IS THIS MAN? Both Robert Cecil McDaniel, on page 180 of Volume 4 of his "Pictorial History of Sabine County" (c. 2000) and Edna McDaniel White, on page 61 of "Sabine County Historical Sketches and Genealogical Records" (c. 1972), label this photo as A. V. White, C. S. A, and husband of Ary Adney Davidson. However, Bertis Carrico owns an original portrait that appears to be nearly identical to this, and according to his family this is actually an image of William David Carrico. PLEASE HELP US IF YOU CAN CONFIRM THE IDENTITY OF THIS MAN.
- [S464] White, Gifford TEXAS SCHOLASTICS 1854-1855 Copied from the Originals in the Archives Division of the Texas State Library.
- [S461] White & Toole, "Sabine County Historical Sketches and Genealogical Records" c. 1972, p 52 (Reliability: 3).
- [S416] Casagranda, Kathy "Sabine Parish The 1850 Census with added Family Information" (May, 1999: P.O. Box 2195, Palmer, Alaska 99645), p 95 (Reliability: 3).
- [S65] McCary, Kay P. "Spring Hill Cemetery, Sabine County, Texas" Cemetery Index ; http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~txsabine/burials/.
- [S308] 1880 United States Federal Census [Ancestry.com database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: The Generations Network, Inc., 2005., (1880 U.S. Census Index provided by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints © Copyright 1999 Intellectual Reserve, Inc. All rights reserved. All use is subject to the limited use license and other terms and conditions applicable to this site. Original data: United States of America, Bureau of the Census. Tenth Census of the United States, 1880. Washington, D.C.: National Archives and Records Administration, 1880. T9, 1,454 rolls. This database is an index to 50 million individuals enumerated in the 1880 United States Federal Census. Census takers recorded many details including each person's name, address, occupation, relationship to the head of household, race, sex, age at last birthday, marital status, place of birth, parentsí place of birth. Additionally, the names of those listed on the population schedule are linked to actual images of the 1880 Federal Census.), Texas, Sabine County, Justice Prect No. 1 Page 23 SD 1 ED 84 Stamped 219 5 and 6 July 1880 204-213 (Reliability: 3).
- [S461] White & Toole, "Sabine County Historical Sketches and Genealogical Records" c. 1972, p 61 (Reliability: 3).
- [S461] White & Toole, "Sabine County Historical Sketches and Genealogical Records" c. 1972.
- [S540] Cox, Trudy-Family Researcher, San Jose, CA (Family Group Sheets submitted to STRICKLAND SCENE).