1905 - 1998 (92 years)
||Ellie Mae Blanche Birdwell [1, 2, 3] |
||6 Jun 1905
||San Augustine County, Texas 
||30 Mar 1998
||San Augustine County, Texas [2, 3, 4]
||Little Flock Baptist Church Cemetery, San Augustine County, Texas 
- She is shown as Virgie on a census listing with her mother and stepfather, Joe Fuller, as of 1910. At the time of the 1920 Federal Census, an Estes, Ellie, and Oscar Birdwell were living in the home of Neal and Martha Henley of San Augustine County, and listed as their grandchildren.
The name Ellie also appears on the birth record of her daughter, Bobine. Therefore it appears she was actually named Ellie Blanche, in honor of her mother.
Obituary San Augustine Tribune
April 2, 1998
Funeral for Ellie Mae Birdwell Woods
Ellie Mae Birdwell Woods, 92, of San Augustine died Monday, March 30, 1998 at Colonial Pines Nursing Home in San Augustine. Funeral services were held at 2:00 pm Wednesday, April 1, 1998 at Little Flock Baptist Church in San Augustine with burial at Little Flock Cemetery under the direction of Wyman Robert Funeral Home in San Augustine. Services were conducted by Bro. Cliff Durham and Bro. R. C. Butler. She was a lifelong resident of San Augustine County and a member of the Baptist Church. She was the wife of the late Hamp Woods. Survivors include daughters Alice Blanche Murray of San Augustine and Bobbie Loukas of Port Arthur; and a daugher-in-law, Frances N. Woods, San Augustine; 11 grandchildren; 24 great-grandchildren; and two great-great-grandchildren. Pallbearers were R. C. Butler, Don Butler, Derrell Gardner, Jack Brown, Jimmy Brown, Winfred Birdwell and Tucker Dickerson.
(Copied from "Heather's Family Tree" ; http://wc.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=GET&db=patblanchard46&id=I01883)
A similar obituary was published in the Sabine County Reporter, April 1, 1998, Page 1
||Strong Family Tree
||17 Aug 2014 |
||Norman E. "Thaddius" Birdwell, b. 7 Aug 1881, Sabine County, Texas , d. 28 Jan 1907, Sabine County, Texas (Age 25 years) |
||Blanche Henley, b. 16 Aug 1881, Texas , d. 28 May 1914, Sabine County, Texas (Age 32 years) |
||14 Nov 1900
||San Augustine County, Texas
- Marriage information from
Said to be recorded in the San Augustine County, Texas Marriage Book 3, Page 286
From: dolores burton [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org] Sent:Tuesday, May 08, 2001 7:59 AM To:Melinda Strong Subject:Blanch Birdwell
Miss Strong; I must apologize for jumping too fast. Blanch Birdwell is in my data. Her first husband was Norman E.(Thaduis)Birdwell. The ninth child of James Birdwell and Nancy Cogburn. He was born Aug. 07, 1881 in Sabine County Texas. He died Jan. 28, 1907, in Sabine or possibley San Augustine Co. Texas. Her name was Blanch Henley B: Aug. 16, 1881, and D: May 28, 1914. Their children were Enlow Cornelius B: Jan. 06, 1902, D: Nov. 7, 1974 Oscar, D: Nov. 15.1980.I hope this help's. And that it is correct for you. Let me know if I can be of further help. Dolores Burton.
||Group Sheet, Family chart
||Hamp Woods, b. 20 Aug 1902, San Augustine County, Texas , d. Nov 1979, San Augustine County, Texas (Age 77 years) |
||13 Dec 1925
||San Augustine County, Texas [1, 3, 5]
| ||1. Herbert Venson Woods, b. 18 Nov 1926, San Augustine County, Texas , d. 11 Sep 1995, San Augustine, San Augustine County, Texas (Age 68 years)|
| ||2. Living|
| ||3. Living|
||26 Sep 2012 |
||Group Sheet, Family chart
- [S236] Obituary for Fuller, Joseph Thomas Fuller (undated, unsourced newspaper clipping).
- [S333] Ancestry.com - U.S., Social Security Death Index, 1935-Current [database online], (Ancestry.com. Social Security Death Index [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations Inc, 2011.
Original data: Social Security Administration. Social Security Death Index, Master File. Social Security Administration.
The Social Security Administration Death Master File contains information on millions of deceased individuals with United States social security numbers whose deaths were reported to the Social Security Administration. Birth years for the individuals listed range from 1875 to last year. Information in these records includes name, birth date, death date, and last known residence.).
- [S342] San Augustine Tribune, weekly, 807 E. Columbia, San Augustine, TX, (San Augustine Tribune, USPS No. 479-040, Published every Thursday at 807 E. Columbia St., San Augustine, Texas 75972 Stephen Hays & Arlan Hays, Publishers. Postmaster: Change of Address notice should be made at P.O. Box 539, San Augustine, Texas 75972. The Tribune is a continuation of the Texas Chronicle moved from Galveston to San Augustine in 1837 and published as the Redlander.), April 2, 1998 (Reliability: 3).
- [S334] Rootsweb, Texas Death Records, 1964 thru 1998.
- [S667] RootsWeb's WorldConnect Project, (The WorldConnect Project is a set of tools, which allow users to upload, modify, link, and display their family trees as a means to share their genealogy with other researchers. The program used to day has a genealogy of its own. RootsWeb announced the launch of the World Connect Project on November 10, 1999 after staff members and users submitted 5.5 million records during a four-week beta-testing period. The WorldConnect Project continues to grow, and as of January 2004 had more than 312 million records. GEDCOM is an acronym for GEnealogical Data COMmunications. It is a file format developed by the Family History Department of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS). It provides a flexible and uniform format for exchanging computerized genealogical data, and allows you to share files with other researchers who may not use the same genealogy program.), Blanchard, Patricia "Heather's Family Tree" Ver. 2009-02-2 1 ; http://wc.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=GET& db=patblanchard46&id=I01883 (Reliability: 3).