1867 - 1955 (87 years)
||Martha "Mattie" Bell Burkett [1, 2, 3] |
||5 Apr 1867
||Simpson County, Mississippi [1, 2, 4]
||3 Mar 1955
||Sabinetown, Sabine County, Texas 
||Strong Family Tree
||17 Aug 2014 |
||Thomas Jefferson Felts, b. 14 Jul 1863, Brandon, Rankin County, Mississippi , d. 17 Apr 1948, Sabinetown, Sabine County, Texas (Age 84 years) |
- At the time of the 1920 Sabine County, Texas census, Thomas and Martha Felts had eight children living at home with them, ranging from 32 year old William to 9 year old Robert. They lived next door to 31 year old Walter Felts. He is assumed to be their son based in their last name, their proximity, his age and place of birth, and the place of birth of his parents per the census records. This is based solely on census information, and has not yet been verified based on other records. Additionally, 27 year old Virgil D. Felts (Household #345-365) and 27 year old Clarence E. Felts (Household #358-378) are also assumed to be sons based on their last name, ages, place of birth and the places of births of their parents. This also is based soley on census records.
Helen Gomer Schluter, a granddaughter, self-published a book titled "The Thomas Jefferson Felts Family of Mississippi and Sabine County, Texas, Including the Burkett and Polk Families" in June 1988.
| ||1. William L. Felts, b. Abt 1888, Mississippi , d. Yes, date unknown|
| ||2. Walter Elbert Felts, b. Abt 1889, Mississippi , d. 20 Nov 1981, Sabine County, Texas (Age ~ 92 years)|
| ||3. Virgil Delon Felts, Sr., b. 22 Apr 1893, Mississippi , d. 20 Apr 1954, La Marque, Galveston County, Texas (Age 60 years)|
| ||4. Clarence Ernest Felts, b. 29 Dec 1891, Louisiana , d. Oct 1972, Brookeland, Sabine County, Texas (Age 80 years)|
| ||5. Hugh Jefferson Felts, b. Abt 1898, Louisiana , d. 30 Aug 1990, Sabine County, Texas (Age ~ 92 years)|
| ||6. Drewie C. Felts, b. Abt 1899, Louisiana , d. Yes, date unknown|
| ||7. Opal L. Felts, b. Abt 1902, Texas , d. 23 Mar 1987, Harris County, Texas (Age ~ 85 years)|
| ||8. Thomas Urcle Felts, b. Abt 1903, Texas , d. 11 Jun 1962, Hemphill, Sabine County, Texas (Age ~ 59 years)|
| ||9. Ocie Inez Felts, b. 21 Jan 1905, Sabinetown, Sabine County, Texas , d. 27 Nov 2005, San Augustine, San Augustine County, Texas (Age 100 years)|
| ||10. Ora E. Felts, b. 21 Apr 1907, Sabine County, Texas , d. 8 Apr 2003, Webster, Harris County, Texas (Age 95 years)|
| ||11. Robert C. Felts, b. Abt 1910, Sabine County, Texas , d. Yes, date unknown|
||20 Jan 2013 |
||Group Sheet, Family chart
- [S199] McDaniel, Robert Cecil THE 1920 POPULATION CENSUS OF SABINE COUNTY, TEXAS, p 66 (Reliability: 3).
- [S481] 1910 United States Federal Census [Ancestry.com database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: The Generations Network, Inc., 2006, (For details on the contents of the film numbers, visit the following NARA web page. Original data: United States of America, Bureau of the Census. Thirteenth Census of the United States, 1910. Washington, D.C.: National Archives and Records Administration, 1910. T624, 1,178 rolls. This database is an index to the head of households enumerated in the 1910 United States Federal Census, the Thirteenth Census of the United States. In addition, each indexed name is linked to actual images of the 1910 Federal Census. The information recorded in the census includes: name, relationship to head of family, age at last birthday, sex, color or race, whether single, married, widowed, or divorced, birthplace, birthplace of father and mother, and more.), Enumerated 20 and 21 Apr 1910 SD 2 ED 131 Sheets 4B bottom and 5A Top Hemphill and Sabine Town Road 66-68 (Reliability: 3).
- [S1482] Schluter, Helen Gomer "The Thomas Jefferson Felts Family of Mississippi and Sabine County, Texas" Fort Worth, Texas, June 1988.
- [S1482] Schluter, Helen Gomer "The Thomas Jefferson Felts Family of Mississippi and Sabine County, Texas" Fort Worth, Texas, June 1988, Ancestor Chart, facing page 1 (Reliability: 3).