1926 - 1996 (70 years)
||Sylva B. Carter [1, 2] |
||27 Mar 1926
||Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada [1, 2]
||13 Jul 1996
||Cleveland, Cuyahoga County, Ohio 
||Elkland Township Cemetery, Cass City, Tuscola County, Michigan 
- The SSDI instead shows her birthdate as May 28, 1926.
Her obituary is indexed on Cleveland Public Library's index as having been published in the Cleveland Plain Dealer, July 19, 1996, Page 9, Section B. It was also noted that she was a registered nurse. The full obituary was not available online, however.
||Strong Family Tree
||17 Aug 2014 |
||William "Bill" Glen Benkelman, b. 24 Nov 1923, Lakewood, Cuyahoga County, Ohio , d. 28 Oct 1999, Cleveland, Cuyahoga County, Ohio (Age 75 years) |
||27 Jun 1953
||Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada [1, 4]
- According to the STRIFFLER-BENKELMAN BROADCAST, Vol. 16, dated September 7, 1953, Sylva Carter and William Glen Benkelman were married in June in Winnipeg. He piloted his Cessna plane on the honeymoon trip of 5000 miles to Calgary, Banff, Vancouver, Seattle, Boise, Yellowstone, Cedar Rapids and Lakewood, Ohio.
||17 Mar 2008 |
||Group Sheet, Family chart
- [S337] Benkelman, Hilda Jane Stickley THE MEMOIRS OF JOHN A. BENKELMAN (Privately Published, 1966).
- [S333] Ancestry.com - U.S., Social Security Death Index, 1935-Current [database online], (Ancestry.com. Social Security Death Index [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations Inc, 2011.
Original data: Social Security Administration. Social Security Death Index, Master File. Social Security Administration.
The Social Security Administration Death Master File contains information on millions of deceased individuals with United States social security numbers whose deaths were reported to the Social Security Administration. Birth years for the individuals listed range from 1875 to last year. Information in these records includes name, birth date, death date, and last known residence.).
- [S722] Elkland (Twp, Tuscola Co, MI) Cemetery Records ; http://elkland.rawson.lib.mi.us/.
- [S595] Striffler-Benkelman Broadcast, (Family Publication, published sporadically to record family milestones in connection with the annual Striffler-Benkelman Family Reunions, with Vol. 1, Number 1, published Sept. 7, 1936. Issues on file at the Rawson Memorial Library in Cass City, Michigan include Vol. 5 (1941), Vol. 7 (1944) and Volumes 8 (1945) through Vol. 28 (1968). Issues published from 1961 through 1964 were not assigned volume numbers, and 1963 appears to be missing. Xeroxes of the existing issues were also made by Melinda McLemore Strong in 2007. According to a article published by the Cass City Chronicle on August 6, 1981, commemorating the Fiftieth and Final Striffler-Benkelman Reunion, the final issue of the STRIFFLER-BENKELMAN BROADCAST appears to have been Volume 28, published in 1968.), Vol. 16, September 7, 1953. (Reliability: 3).